Managing Expatriate and Immigration Issues
The passage of Nigeria’s Immigration Act 2015 by the Federal Government and subsequent policy changes by the Federal Ministry of Interior on expatriate engagement and management, has changed the mobility landscape in the Nigerian business environment. Consequently, the ability to properly address mobility/assignment issues is a prerequisite for those responsible for managing the immigration desk.
While some organizations still pay little or no attention to their immigration portfolio, those who understand the current dynamics have realized that unregulated cross-border deployment of personnel can have social, financial and reputational implications. Comprehensive, transparent and coherent approaches to immigration processes and procedures will have positive impact on business. It cannot therefore be business as usual, especially given the penalties prescribed for noncompliance with the provisions of the Immigration Act.
This training programme will enhance the knowledge of participants and their ability to deliver robust migration and mobility support to their respective organisations.
The programme will focus on the following key concepts/issues, among others:
- Overview of the Immigration Act 2015
- Assignment preparation and relocation Various visa types
- Documentation requirements for expatriates coming into Nigeria
- Avoiding quota trafficking and delays in processing documentation at the immigration office
- Tax compliance and reporting
- Documentation requirements for immigration and/or tax purposes
- Practical tips for managing expatriates residence and employment in Nigeria.
Please download our 2017 training brochure here
For nominations and further enquiries, please contact:
Senior Manager, Tax Regulatory and People Services