Book Keeping and Financial Management Fundamentals
Do you have new accountants who need to understand and appreciate how business transactions are recorded, summarized, and interpreted for decision-making purposes? Do you need competent junior accountants that will be able to record and generate accurate and reliable financial information to enable informed decision making? Do you have non-accounting personnel who need to appreciate the importance of the financial information and reports?
KPMG can help. Our bookkeeping and financial management fundamentals training course provides an avenue for in-depth and practical understanding of how to account for financial transactions, prepare and analyse financial statements in business as usual manner. It also facilitates an understanding of financial management practices such as budgeting, working capital management and financial controls.
This course focuses on those aspects that will equip participants with the knowledge required to enable them discharge their accounting and financial management responsibilities effectively and is aimed at enabling participants to:
- Develop an understanding of the basic principles and concepts of accounting and financial reporting
- Gain insights into accounting standards guiding the preparation of financial statements
- Gain an understanding of how to account for financial transactions
- Prepare financial statements
- Analyse and interprete financial statements
- Understand leading financial management practices
- Understand the accounting cycle in an ERP environment
In delivering the training, we will use various instructional modes, such as:
- Instructor-led structured discussions, and practical applications directed at real-life cases;
- Practical learner-centred approach with emphasis on transfer of learning to participants; and
- Case studies and mini quizz
For more details, please download the factsheet here