Annual long-term insurance industry update
KPMG is hosting its annual long-term insurance industry update event on Thursday 6 June 2013. The update involves taking a look at the most topical developments currently affecting the long-term insurance industry.
The course is aimed at financial directors and managers, risk and compliance officers, internal auditors and audit committee members.
Key topics for the event
- Overview of the financial results of the long-term insurance industry: Under this topic, we will take a look at the long-term insurance industry results and provide an analysis thereof.
- Solvency Assessment and Management (‘SAM’) developments: This topic will see us focus on subjects such as the calibration of risk models, allowances for reinsurance and risk appetite challenges.
- Current tax developments: The topics for discussion include: intended four funds tax changes and deemed disposals.
- Regulatory update: We intend to take a look at the practical implications of outsourcing arrangements post implementation of directive 159A and that of binder agreements in the long-term insurance industry.
- Fraud: Under the topic of fraud, we intend to discuss what you can do to assist your organisation to effectively combat the threat that fraud poses.
- Ethics awareness in your organisation: During this section of the full day event, we will discuss ethics management and promoting the right behaviour. In addition to this, we will discuss recognising and resolving dilemmas through ethics reasoning skills.
- IFRS 4 phase II: We will provide an update on the latest developments on IFRS 4 phase II standard on insurance contracts as it relates to life insurers.
- What risks are keeping the CRO’s of life insurers up at night? This topic will include a discussion around some of the key emerging risks that the industry face.
- Companies Act, 2008 reminders
Event attendance details
If you would like to attend, please e-mail Cathy Kunniger on firstname.lastname@example.org
|Date||Thursday, 6 June 2013|
|Venue:||KPMG Crescent Auditorium 85 Empire Road Parktown|
|Time:||08:00 for 08:30|
|Duration:||Full day workshop|
About David Okwara
Africa, Africa challenges, Africa opportunities, corruption, culture, economic climate, emerging risks, ethics, ethics reasoning, fraud, industry results, insurance industry, KPMG event, long-term insurance industry, reinsurance, resolving dilemmas, risk appetite, risk models, tax, tax changes, taxation, threat, trends