South Africa was the most active market for PE investment on the continent in H1 2012 with South African targets attracting $547m over the period.
On 19 August I travelled to Madzi Apidza village, Malawi as a Project Africa envoy to witness and participate in the construction of a school financed by staff and Partners from our US practice.
Among the most important private equity players are public companies, which often base their investment decisions on considerations other than pure profit
Exports of South African produced vehicles into Africa is declining due to import levies by some countries on the continent.
A meeting of Nigeria-South Africa Chambers of Commerce to be hosted in Lagos will discuss Africa’s competitiveness and ways of boosting intra-African trade
The FMCG sector in Africa has significant scope to expand. Poverty levels in especially sub-Saharan Africa (SSA) are still quite high, with food and other necessities dominating consumer budgets. For this reason, the food sub-sector of FMCG has a very [...]
Despite cultural and regional factors having an impact on consumer spending patterns and trends, one generally finds quite a strong positive relationship between income per person and consumption per capita for various goods irrespective of these other factors.
Ecobank recently coined a new emerging market investment grouping – The Africa 8. Unlike other emerging market groupings, this one focuses entirely on investment potential going forward within Africa itself.
Econet’s mobile money division, EcoCash, has partnered with Mastercard to afford its customers in Zimbabwe a first for the mobile money community – the use of a linked debit card with their mobile money account.
Visit our website
- South Africa, Morocco & Mauritius top PE countries in Africa August 28, 2014
- Project Africa: Mission Madzi Apidza, Building for literacy August 27, 2014
- Insurance in Africa: who is buying it? August 26, 2014
- Telecoms – An African development opportunity September 26, 2013
- Mobile banking series: An overview of why mobile banking remains important for financial inclusion in Africa April 22, 2013
- Cities are a catalyst for the implementation of the NDP May 22, 2013
- Belgrad Kenne: This sounds like an extension of what we coined as...
- Omoloso Oluwaseyi: It is so thrilling to know what social media can d...
- Sureka Asbury: Hi, I would love to set up a discussion slot o...
According to KPMG’s 2014 Global Manufacturing Outlook, manufacturers are entering into a n [...]
Despite a sharp rise in the number of deals being announced, deal completions continue to [...]
Big changes ahead for banks’ accounts as new standard on bad debts completes response to t [...]
Research finds over half of business leaders place digital strategy and data analytics hig [...]
Pharmaceutical and life sciences companies may have turned a corner in their efforts to ge [...]